BONUS Tormek Rotating Stand #RB-180
• Valued at $68.00
Ultimate Water-Cooled Grinder/Sharpener!
• The T8 builds on the quality of the T7 and adds new features for precision and reliability.
New Innovations Include
• Cast Zinc Top, Frame and Motor Mount
• Cast Zinc Internal Drive Wheel
• Machined Tool Rest Mounts that are Integral to the Cast Housing
• Tighter Tolerances on Tool Rest Mounts
• Height Adjusting Water Tray
• Channeled Water Flow
• Removable Water Tray Scraper with Magnet
• Includes New SE77 Adjustable Square Edge Jig
• Includes New Leather Wheel Oil
• Relocated Cord for Easier Machine Rotation
• The T8 has Tormek's Quality Guarantee
• For those that understand quality and versatility, there is no substitute to Tormek quality.
• The T8 has a 7 year manufacturer’s warranty that shows Tormek's long term commitment to quality.
• By purchasing a Tormek you are making a long term commitment to sharp tools and knives, and Tormek will be there to back it up.
The T8 has Tormek's Repeatability
• The key word when sharpening the Tormek way is repeatability.
• The tools are guided in jigs so you remove only a minute fraction of the steel at each sharpening.
• Even complicated shapes like fingernail turning gouges, spoon carving gouges and oval skew chisels with a radius edge are easily sharpened to fit your needs.
• Once the shape is created, you can resharpen quickly and easily. And all of the Tormek Jigs work on the T8.
The T8 has Tormek's Reliability and Safety
• The water cooled slow speed grindstone will not overheat steel.
• There is no worry about taking the temper out of your tool.
• In addition, there is no grinding dust, the steel particles are deposited into the water trough.
• And with the low speed, you can fully control the sharpening.
• Buying a Tormek is a safe investment in quality and performance.
• Made in Sweden.
• TORMEK T-8 maximises the precision thanks to the revolutionary fully cast housing which guarantees minimal play for the Universal support.
• This gives you the best conditions possible to succeed with your sharpening.
• Tormek's unique drive system is efficient and manages to hold a constant speed, even under full load.
• The Tormek Original Grindstone sharpens all qualities of steel, including HSS.
• The machine features a number of elaborated details, like instant stone locking with EzyLock, water trough with lift and a removable magnet scraper for efficient cleansing.
• Housing: Cast Zinc Top, Frame, Motor Mount and Internal Drive Wheel with ABS Plastic Sides
• Aluminium Oxide Grindstone: 250 × 50 mm
• Leather honing wheel: 220 × 31 mm
• Stone diameter indicator
• Main shaft, nut and washer in stainless steel
• Carrying handle
• Quick coupling for the honing wheel
• Honing with the Square Edge Jig, SE-77, on the leather honing wheel
• Motor duty: Continuous Duty 200w
• Running speed: 90 RPM
• Width: 270 mm
• Depth: 270 mm
• Height: 330 mm
• Weight: 14.82kg
• Square Edge Jig #SE-77
• AngleMaster #WM-200
• Honing Compound #PA-70
• Leather Wheel Oil
• Tormek DVD
• Truing Tool #TT-50
• Stone Grader #SP-650
• Adjustable Water Trough
• Accessory tray for storage
7 YEAR WARRANTY
this is the best
arrived a day early.....
I have found the Tormek easy to use, the edges remain even and true, even freehand, without constantly watching the edge against the grinding wheel as with high speed freehand grinding. Considering it is almost always necessary to hone from the opposite side as grinding, maybe Tormak might consider incorporating the swivel base as an integral part of the machine. One is on my wish list as a priority! The various jigs are necessary to get the most from the Tormak, the hand tool kit is well presented and covers most knife sharpening needs. I see no reason why the turning tool kit will not be the same quality and usefulness as expected.