Ultimate Water-Cooled Grinder/Sharpener!
• The T8 builds on the quality of the T7 and adds new features for precision and reliability.
New Innovations Include
• Cast Zinc Top, Frame and Motor Mount
• Cast Zinc Internal Drive Wheel
• Machined Tool Rest Mounts that are Integral to the Cast Housing
• Tighter Tolerances on Tool Rest Mounts
• Height Adjusting Water Tray
• Channeled Water Flow
• Removable Water Tray Scraper with Magnet
• Includes New SE77 Adjustable Square Edge Jig
• Includes New Leather Wheel Oil
• Relocated Cord for Easier Machine Rotation
• The T8 has Tormek's Quality Guarantee
• For those that understand quality and versatility, there is no substitute to Tormek quality.
• The T8 has a 8 year manufacturer’s warranty that shows Tormek's long term commitment to quality.
• By purchasing a Tormek you are making a long term commitment to sharp tools and knives, and Tormek will be there to back it up.
The T8 has Tormek's Repeatability
• The key word when sharpening the Tormek way is repeatability.
• The tools are guided in jigs so you remove only a minute fraction of the steel at each sharpening.
• Even complicated shapes like fingernail turning gouges, spoon carving gouges and oval skew chisels with a radius edge are easily sharpened to fit your needs.
• Once the shape is created, you can resharpen quickly and easily. And all of the Tormek Jigs work on the T8.
The T8 has Tormek's Reliability and Safety
• The water cooled slow speed grindstone will not overheat steel.
• There is no worry about taking the temper out of your tool.
• In addition, there is no grinding dust, the steel particles are deposited into the water trough.
• And with the low speed, you can fully control the sharpening.
• Buying a Tormek is a safe investment in quality and performance.
• Made in Sweden.
• TORMEK T-8 maximises the precision thanks to the revolutionary fully cast housing which guarantees minimal play for the Universal support.
• This gives you the best conditions possible to succeed with your sharpening.
• Tormek's unique drive system is efficient and manages to hold a constant speed, even under full load.
• The Tormek Original Grindstone sharpens all qualities of steel, including HSS.
• The machine features a number of elaborated details, like instant stone locking with EzyLock, water trough with lift and a removable magnet scraper for efficient cleansing.
• Housing: Cast Zinc Top, Frame, Motor Mount and Internal Drive Wheel with ABS Plastic Sides
• Aluminium Oxide Grindstone: 250 × 50 mm
• Leather honing wheel: 220 × 31 mm
• Stone diameter indicator
• Main shaft, nut and washer in stainless steel
• Carrying handle
• Quick coupling for the honing wheel
• Honing with the Square Edge Jig, SE-77, on the leather honing wheel
• Motor duty: Continuous Duty 200w
• Running speed: 90 RPM
• Width: 270 mm
• Depth: 270 mm
• Height: 330 mm
• Weight: 14.82kg
• SE-77 Square Edge Jig for sharpening chisels and plane irons.
• The TT-50 Truing Tool to keep your stone round and flat.
• The SP-650 Stone Grader to change the grit of your stone.
• WM-200 AngleMaster to measure the edge angle.
• PA-70 Honing Compound to use with the Leather Honing Wheel.
• EM-15 Edge Marker to color the bevel when setting the edge angle.
• HB-10 Tormek Handbook on sharpening.
• SG-250 Tormek Super Grind Stone 250mm - SG250
8 YEAR WARRANTY
• Tormek T-8 Original has 8-year warranty, 5 years + 3 years, upon registration at tormek.com.
• Including professional use.
Tormek T-8 sharpening system: Getting Started with Alan Holtham
Alan Holtham, English woodturner and journalist, shows you ste...
Sharpen knives with Tormek's Knife Jig SVM-45
For most knives. Width 45 mm (1¾"). Long knives need to be sti...
6. Tormek’s Grinding Wheels for the Woodturner – with Nick Agar
Nick Agar, professional woodturner, goes through the different...
So far ive used it on my chisels planer blades and knives all different grades of blade steel consistently amazing results very sharp edges at the perfect angle i bought the t8 to replace my old sheppach tiger 2000 which had always dissappinted me Literally no comparison to the T8 this unit feels strong and robust its certainly accurate yes its expensive but trust me from a bloke who’s made the mistake of going cheap the first time nothing is more expensive than a cheap machine that doesn’t do the job you’ll end up having to buy the tomak anyway
My advice is to buy the tormak t8 if you want a high quality tool
Justtools are great as well with an easy to use web sight fast post and excellent communication i’ll be back for more
very helpful staff .machine well packed , everything as ordered
this thing is awsome had a seppech tiger 2500 which broke down decided to go all out and buy the T8 should have bought this in the first place. it is unbalavable just how much better then the tiger this thing is quiet smooth can get razor sharp with jigs and just as sharp freehand. Meatworker for 30 odd years now always had water cooled grinding stones at work some stones 8 inch or more accross ,when the grinder at work broke down and was not replaced i strugeled to keep knives edges from rounding and by hand just takes to long so took cheap road with seppach big mistake this T8 is worth every cent and 7 year warrenty cant go wrong. You get what you pay for here expensive yes but well worth it just amazing how superior this machine is. Still cant get my head around this fact . Would have bet that one grinder compered to another maybe 15% improvement from top of line to middle of the road.But not here T8 200% beater then anything ive ever used ecxept for large foot operated grinder which i used many moons ago to flatten and de shoulder knives. Prehaps only problem here grinding or shapeing does take a while as stone only removes metal at slow rate once shaped though from dull to sharp 4 or 5 runs on each side remove burr on diamond plate or honning wheel and away you go razor sharp
this is the best
arrived a day early.....
I have found the Tormek easy to use, the edges remain even and true, even freehand, without constantly watching the edge against the grinding wheel as with high speed freehand grinding. Considering it is almost always necessary to hone from the opposite side as grinding, maybe Tormak might consider incorporating the swivel base as an integral part of the machine. One is on my wish list as a priority! The various jigs are necessary to get the most from the Tormak, the hand tool kit is well presented and covers most knife sharpening needs. I see no reason why the turning tool kit will not be the same quality and usefulness as expected.