Ultimate Water-Cooled Grinder/Sharpener!
• The T8 builds on the quality of the T7 and adds new features for precision and reliability.
New Innovations Include
• Cast Zinc Top, Frame and Motor Mount
• Cast Zinc Internal Drive Wheel
• Machined Tool Rest Mounts that are Integral to the Cast Housing
• Tighter Tolerances on Tool Rest Mounts
• Height Adjusting Water Tray
• Channeled Water Flow
• Removable Water Tray Scraper with Magnet
• Includes New SE77 Adjustable Square Edge Jig
• Includes New Leather Wheel Oil
• Relocated Cord for Easier Machine Rotation
• The T8 has Tormek's Quality Guarantee
• For those that understand quality and versatility, there is no substitute to Tormek quality.
• The T8 has a 8 year manufacturer’s warranty that shows Tormek's long term commitment to quality.
• By purchasing a Tormek you are making a long term commitment to sharp tools and knives, and Tormek will be there to back it up.
The T8 has Tormek's Repeatability
• The key word when sharpening the Tormek way is repeatability.
• The tools are guided in jigs so you remove only a minute fraction of the steel at each sharpening.
• Even complicated shapes like fingernail turning gouges, spoon carving gouges and oval skew chisels with a radius edge are easily sharpened to fit your needs.
• Once the shape is created, you can resharpen quickly and easily. And all of the Tormek Jigs work on the T8.
The T8 has Tormek's Reliability and Safety
• The water cooled slow speed grindstone will not overheat steel.
• There is no worry about taking the temper out of your tool.
• In addition, there is no grinding dust, the steel particles are deposited into the water trough.
• And with the low speed, you can fully control the sharpening.
• Buying a Tormek is a safe investment in quality and performance.
• Made in Sweden.
• TORMEK T-8 maximises the precision thanks to the revolutionary fully cast housing which guarantees minimal play for the Universal support.
• This gives you the best conditions possible to succeed with your sharpening.
• Tormek's unique drive system is efficient and manages to hold a constant speed, even under full load.
• The Tormek Original Grindstone sharpens all qualities of steel, including HSS.
• The machine features a number of elaborated details, like instant stone locking with EzyLock, water trough with lift and a removable magnet scraper for efficient cleansing.
• Housing: Cast Zinc Top, Frame, Motor Mount and Internal Drive Wheel with ABS Plastic Sides
• Aluminium Oxide Grindstone: 250 × 50 mm
• Leather honing wheel: 220 × 31 mm
• Stone diameter indicator
• Main shaft, nut and washer in stainless steel
• Carrying handle
• Quick coupling for the honing wheel
• Honing with the Square Edge Jig, SE-77, on the leather honing wheel
• Motor duty: Continuous Duty 200w
• Running speed: 90 RPM
• Width: 270 mm
• Depth: 270 mm
• Height: 330 mm
• Weight: 14.82kg
Tormek Rotating Stand #RB-180
• Some tools are best sharpened with the stone running towards the edge and other tools should have the stone running away from the edge.
• With the new Tormek Rotating Base RB-180, you can easily rotate the machine 180° to select the ideal sharpening direction.
• It also makes it simple to switch from sharpening to honing.
• Tormek machines are solid and relatively heavy, which is an advantage when sharpening, and many owners have requested an easy way to rotate the machine.
• The solution is the new Tormek Rotating Base RB-180 which make it easy to turn the machine 180° and lock it firmly in position.
• A priority during the design process has been to make the RB-180 as thin as possible in order not to affect the working height.
• The rubber feet ensure it remains steady during sharpening.
• The Tormek policy ensures that new developments can be fitted to earlier machines so the RB-180 will fit the Tormek T-7 and T-3, the 2000 and 1200 Series.
8 YEAR WARRANTY
• Tormek T-8 Original has 8-year warranty, 5 years + 3 years, upon registration at tormek.com.
• Including professional use.
I already have 2 Tormek T8's as well as the large commercial machine. I make knives as well as sharpen them for people, as well as my wood working tools. So I am quite familiar with the tormek system. I use a number of different types of wheels (Diamond and CBN) and having a number of different abrasives allows a fast work flow. As to the tormek system, I have tried a number of different products over the last 40 years and have just bought a 3rd Tormek T8.