• TORMEK T-4 is an enhancement of the T-3 model taking the precision and stability to a completely new level.
• Vital functions like the motor and the main shaft are mounted in the zinc cast top which includes the integrated sleeves for the Universal Support.
• This advanced design ensures an unbeatable precision for the Universal Support, which is the foundation of the Tormek jig system.
• You get a high quality machine ideal for home and hobby work which can sharpen all the common edge tools.
• Delivered with the Stone Grader SP-650, AngleMaster WM-200, Honing compound, DVD and the comprehensive Tormek Handbook on sharpening.
In short, how does the T-4 differ from the T-3?
Precision improved by over 300%
• This will improve your control of the sharpening – and the precision of your results.
Handle for easy movement
• Makes the machine easy to place and put away.
Machine plate in metal
• Which makes it a convenient place to store the Tormek AngleMaster (which has magnetic feet). Scale for stone diameter.
Jig for straight edges not included
• Now you are able to configure your Tormek right from the start with the jigs that fit your sharpening needs. For example if you only sharpen knives you will not have to pay for something you will not use.
Stone Grader included (because you need it)
• Regardless of what tool you will sharpen you will need it, so we decided to include it from the start. Make sure to use it and you will always have a fresh cutting stone. Also, with the Stone Grader you get two different cutting actions (fast/fine) out of your grindstone! Learn more at www.tormek.com.
How does the T-4 precision compare to the larger T-7 machine?
• Thanks to the patented zinc cast machine head, we can achieve the same precision as with T-7, which is made with 3 mm steel housing with precision sleeves for the Universal Support.
• Dimensions: Width 230 mm (9 1/16"), Depth 200 mm (7 7/8"), Height 260 mm (10¼")
• Weight: Shipping weight 9.8 kg, Machine only 8.0 kg
• Grindstone: Tormek Original Grindstone, Aluminium oxide, 200×40 mm (8"×1 5/8") 120 rpm, torque 8.4 Nm
• Leather Honing Wheel: 145×26 mm (5¾"×1")
• Main Shaft: Stainless steel main shaft and stone hardware.
• EzyLock in composite.
• Housing: Zinc cast top, Impact resistant ABS plastic
• Motor: Industrial single phase, 120 W (input) 230 V, 50 Hz. Duty 30 min/hour, Maintenance free.
• Silent running, 52 dB. 10,000 hour life
• Universal support with micro adjustment
• Stone Grader SP-650
• Honing compound
• Comprehensive Tormek Handbook on sharpening.
• Tormek Rotating Stand #RB-180
• Some tools are best sharpened with the stone running towards the edge and other tools should have the stone running away from the edge.
• With the new Tormek Rotating Base RB-180, you can easily rotate the machine 180° to select the ideal sharpening direction.
• It also makes it simple to switch from sharpening to honing.
• Tormek machines are solid and relatively heavy, which is an advantage when sharpening, and many owners have requested an easy way to rotate the machine.
• The solution is the new Tormek Rotating Base RB-180 which make it easy to turn the machine 180° and lock it firmly in position.
• A priority during the design process has been to make the RB-180 as thin as possible in order not to affect the working height.
• The rubber feet ensure it remains steady during sharpening.
• The Tormek policy ensures that new developments can be fitted to earlier machines so the RB-180 will fit the Tormek T-7, T-4 and T-3, the 2000 and 1200 Series.
7 YEARS WARRANTY