• Some tools are best sharpened with the stone running towards the edge and other tools should have the stone running away from the edge.
• With the new Tormek Rotating Base RB-180, you can easily rotate the machine 180° to select the ideal sharpening direction.
• It also makes it simple to switch from sharpening to honing.
• Tormek machines are solid and relatively heavy, which is an advantage when sharpening, and many owners have requested an easy way to rotate the machine.
• The solution is the new Tormek Rotating Base RB-180 which make it easy to turn the machine 180° and lock it firmly in position.
• A priority during the design process has been to make the RB-180 as thin as possible in order not to affect the working height.
• The rubber feet ensure it remains steady during sharpening.
• The Tormek policy ensures that new developments can be fitted to earlier machines so the RB-180 will fit the Tormek T-8, T-7 and T-3, the 2000 and 1200 Series.