SHED THE POUNDS, KEEP THE PUNCH
• The sleek new Leatherman Skeletool CX gets you back to basics... very cool basics.
• The Skeletool CX has only the most necessary of multi-tool features, because sometimes that's all you need.
• With a 154CM stainless steel blade, pliers, bit driver, pocket clip and carabiner/bottle opener, you're set.
• Lightweight, low volume, perfect size. The Skeletool CX: Who says more is better?
• 154CM Stainless Steel Clip Point Knife
• Bottle Opener
• Carabiner Clip
• Hard-wire Cutters
• INCLUDED BITS: Phillips #1 and #2 Bit, Screwdriver 3/16" and 1/4" Bit
• Large Bit Driver
• Needlenose Pliers
• Regular Pliers
• Wire Cutters
• All Locking Blades and Tools
• DLC Coating for Scratch and Corrosion Resistance
• DLC-coated Stainless Steel Handles with Carbon-fiber Handle Insert
• Nylon Sheath
• Outside-accessible Blade for One-handed Opening
• Removable Pocket Clip
• Stainless Steel body
• 2.6 in | 6.60 cm (blade length)
• 4 in | 10 cm (closed)
• 5.0 oz | 142 g
25 YEAR WARRANTY
What a great tool, just the right combination of functions, I am so happy with the tool I will recommend it to anyone, I actually brought 3 of them .. it is the one tool that will do most daily jobs that you may require of a light nature.
recommend to anyone great Multi Tool of choice.
Don't notice it in the pocket at all. In fact, the other day I got locked out of my house because I thought my keys were in my pocket but it was the leatherman. Came in useful getting back in though :)
The feel of it is great in the hand. As for the tools:
- The knife is good, although out of the box is not the sharpest and the edge is a pretty rough finish. Having said that, I'm a knife nut and like all my knives to be hair-popping sharp, and it's certainly a pretty standard edge for the market and price range - it's not how I like it, but most people would be very happy with it. The finish on everything else about the knife is great.
- The pliers are sturdy, and while not as good as a high quality dedicated pair are still better than many of the less pricey dedicated pairs I've used - they aren't as good as my Knipex, but they are better than the Trojan that I used to use
- The bit attachment is asymmetrical - so the phillips head has one dimension wider than the other. Just means it's not a real replacement, but it's already got me out of a pinch which is really all it's about
- The bottle opener is great and the carabiner piece tends to catch the cap as you remove it which is even better.
- The pouch has been thrown on the floor in my wardrobe. I don't know why I didn't just throw it straight in the bin...
I'm carrying this thing with me lots of places. I bought this to see if I'd like the leatherman style - I have numerous pocket knives and swiss army knives that I use a lot (Camping, kayaking, helping on the family farm, etc), but had never had a leatherman. I also wanted to use it as a trial to see if i wanted one of the bigger leathermans. I've now learnt that this will be the #1 knife/tool I carry. The only thing I wish it had was scissors. I really wish it had scissors...
Delivery from JustTools was exceptional. 1.5 days out to remote East Gippsland. Amazing.
Very solid construction. Comes in a box with an (unnecessary) nylon pouch. Blade is non-chiseled but not sharp out-of-the-box. Nevertheless, blade is a full-length straight edge (not partially serrated like that on the non-CX version); makes sharpening easy. Small enough to clip into the side of jeans pocket for my everyday carry. Overall size is much smaller than expected, but is still large enough to be more useful than a basic SAK. Would love this tool even more if the price was closer to that in the US; it is stupidly overpriced in Australia in general.